Having a blog on your website is a really effective way to drive traffic to your site and create an opportunity to convert those visitors to clients. But just how easy is it to come up with interior design blog post ideas? Providing valuable content and information for your target market builds your presence as an authority in your industry. However the hardest part is coming up with regular consistent content ideas to keep your blog busy and visitors coming back for more.
So what should you blog about?
The number one thing I recommend that you blog about will always be your latest interior design project. Showcasing your work on your blog gives your readers a chance to really connect with you as a designer. However it’s impossible to have a finished project or house tour to reveal every week or month as projects can take months or even years to complete. So alternatively here is a list of topic ideas for your blog which you can easily adapt into great content for your blog.
Here’s 35 easy interior design blog post ideas
Giving advice on design projects helps readers understand the process of undertaking an interior design project. You can also use this to how you go about planning projects with your clients.
- Write about the number one question you get asked all the time
- When is the best time to plan an interior design project
- How to live through your renovation
- How interior designers can add value to your renovation
- Write about a design dilemma and how to solve it
- Write about how to define a budget for your interior design project
Practical Advice on making the right choices
Showcase your expertise and help guide homeowners effectively through the maze of choices they’ll have to go through in planning an interior design project
7. What to look for when choosing kitchen appliances
8. What to look for when choosing flooring for different rooms
9. What to look for when choosing bathroom suites
10. Choosing curtains and blinds for different rooms
Style up an area in your home or studio and give advice on how your readers can do the same. Talk about the products, colour schemes and recommend stores where you like to source things from. Here are some ideas to consider
11. Style up a shelf
12. Style a dining table ready for entertaining
13. Style a garden seating area ready for a barbecue with friends
14. Style up a bed with cushions and throws
15. Style a sideboard with pictures, plants, accessories and lighting
Share your personal taste and things that inspire you with your readers by writing reviews. Here’s some ideas of places to visit, photograph and review on your blog
16. A local interiors store
17. A stylish new restaurant or cafe
18. A stately home
19. A design event – take a look at my design event calender for ideas on where to go
20. An inspiring home tour
Trends come and go and tend to follow the seasons so there’s always something new to write about. You don’t always have to agree with the latest trends, so if you don’t like a particular trend that everyone else is raving about, write about why not and offer a better alternative.
21. Colour trends – What’s hot and what’s not
22. Trends in furniture – shapes, fabrics, materials
23. Trends in home automation and smart technology
24. Vintage trends – the latest blast from the past reappearing in our homes
25. Lighting trends – shapes, sizes, materials and what’s new
Practical advice for homeowners
As well as creating new interior design schemes give homeowners advice on how to care for their new or existing interiors. Sustainability is always important so give advice to help homeowners make the most of what they have or highlight small changes that can really make an impact.
26. Choosing and caring for houseplants
27. Cleaning tips to care for your home
28. Storage ideas for small spaces
29. How to paint furniture
30. How to hang lighting
31. How to declutter
Seasonal blog posts
Create content to keep readers ahead of seasonal changes around their home.
32. Spring cleaning and getting ready for warmer weather
33. Get your garden ready for summer entertaining
34. Christmas decorating ideas
35. Christmas gifting for interior design lovers
Still stuck for ideas or need help getting your blog started?
Firstly you can download these expert tips to get you started. Get advice on how to plan your content and the one thing you should never forget to include in your blog.
If you’re ready to go contact me and lets work together. I can provide a strategy session to get you started and create your very own content calendar to work from. Alternatively let me take care of your blog from start to finish. From content planning to publishing and promotion. I’ve already created 2 Amara Interior Blog Award shortlisted blogs for my clients. Will your blog be my next success story?
Your blog is a powerful tool to capture your audience’s attention. Make sure yours makes the right impact on your customers